Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2017

VOTE FOR VANNOY, CAMPAIGN WEEK 2 RECAP, CALL TO ACTION!

     Its been another interesting week running for office. I set up my facebook/twitter page for my campaign. Thats "Roger Vannoy for WV House of Delegates district 42" on facebook, and on Twitter, its "@VannoyforWV." I also went to Beckley, WV to protest the Tax reform bill that is working its way through the US Congress. In case you haven't heard, its a tax break for all, but mostly for the wealthy. It will end up costing the US budget 1.5 trillion dollars and it will strip the ACA of its mandate, making the ACA unaffordable to many citizens. Millions of Americans could lose their health insurance. Also the Childrens Health Insurance Program (C.H.I.P.) was not reauthorized after it expired on September 30th. 9 million American children rely on C.H.I.P. for their health care, and Congress hasnt re-authorized it, because Congress isnt sure how to pay for the program. Which means that the Republican controlled U.S. Congress is perfectly willing to give money that we dont have to the wealthy, but funding C.H.I.P. is unaffordable. Its nice to know where their priorities are. So, I went to protest in Beckley with Womens March West Virginia, outside the offices of my Republican congressman, and my Republican Senator. It was good to exercise my freedom of speech in this manner. If enough of the American population were to speak out on these issues, maybe the final version of this tragic bill wont pass, and maybe C.H.I.P. could be re-authorized.

     Also this week, I spoke with the owner/operators of the Irish Pub on Washington Street, and they have agreed to allow my campaign to host a trivia night. I'll have categories that are about important issues for West Virginia and some pop culture and general trivia categories. It will be January 25th and if you are able, come on out and have some fun. Also, bring canned food, if you can. We will make a donation to the local food pantry afterwards.

    That was the second week of my campaign, I look forward to the third. If you are an American citizen, and are concerned about the state of healthcare in our country, if you dont think our government is doing enough to lift its citizens out of poverty, if you feel that our politicians are more worried about giving money to the wealthy than actually helping our citizens, as I do, then I urge you to run for office as well. America needs you.



Image may contain: one or more people, car and outdoor



Image may contain: one or more people, dog, child and outdoor




Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoorImage may contain: one or more people and textImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, shoesImage may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, smilingImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.





https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/18/16792702/health-care-questions-tax-bill-answered

No comments: